Saturday, February 27, 2010

It is Never too Early

When Joe Garcia ran for the senatorial seat of District 25 in 2008, I was working for President Obama’s Organizing for America in my District (Precinct 462). I live in Doral and there are very few Democrats in this area. However, if you get a good listing from the MDCDEC (Miami- Dade County Democratic Executive Committee), you can find Democrats and “undecided” voters without problem.
Very few people in Doral, if any, knew who Joe Garcia was during the President’s campaign, and I was one of the few who had a “Joe for Congress” sign on my front lawn. I went to Garcia’s campaign office on US 1, and asked for campaign materials, which they graciously gave me. I offered to help Joe’s campaign in my neighborhood as I went campaigning for Barak Obama, but there was absolutely no interest in the campaign’s office to do anything in Doral. Now we know the results of that election. Like the song says: “what could have been, never happened!”
Do we think that any Democratic candidate can win the District without winning Doral? I doubt it. In deciding if he wants to be a senator representing Democrats in this District (hopefully not another senator to join the Blue Dogs), Joe would do very well deciding if he is committed to do what it takes to win Doral. A few of us would be willing and more than happy to help oust Mario, or his Republican successor.
It may already be too late to start the work that is necessary to win Doral and to take the seat. However, it is certainly never too early. What do you say, Joe? I would rather be an Honorable Senator that another beaurocrat in the Energy Department. You know, a few senators in Washington stop much from happening and hopefully you would be a welcomed change.

February 23, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment